地道加拿大商务英语口语原汁原味情景对话-2

地道加拿大商务英语口语原汁原味情景对话-2
2020年08月21日 08:14 功夫外贸

地道加拿大商务英语口语原汁原味情景对话-2

They are in the lobby of the hotel.

他们在饭店大厅里。

LING: Do you think Shen is coming down with something?

你认不认为沈得病了?

DAVID: He seemed fine to me, Why do you ask?

我看他挺好,你为什么问这个?

LING: I think there's something bothering him. I just can't put my finger on it.

我觉得他有心事,但我弄不清楚是什么事。

DAVID: Chun said he had an appointment....

纯说他有约会....

LING:It wasn't like him.

这可不象他做的事

DAVID.I don't understand...

我不明白...

LING: Not to say anything till the last minute.

不到最后一刻可不要吭声。

DAVID: I have a theory.

我知道是怎么回事了。

LING: A theory?

怎么回事?

DAVID: But you mustn't repeat it to anyone, Not to Fu. And not to Chun either.

你千万别跟任何人说,不许跟浮说,也不许和纯说。

LING: Okay.

好吧。

DAVID:Just between us, I think Fu is afraid of heights.

只是你知我知,我想,浮是恐高。

LING: You really think so?

你真的这么认为吗?

DAVID: The idea of riding up the CN Tower in a glass evelator was too much for thim.

他受不了乘CN塔的玻璃电梯升高。

LING: It never occured to me. But he didn't say anything.

我从没想到这点,可他也没有提到过这点呀!

DAVID:Oh, you know Fu. He didn't want to make us change our plans.

你知道浮的,他是不想让我们改变计划。

LING: Here comes Li with his camera.

李拿照相机来了。

DAVID:Let's change the subject.

让我们换个话题吧。

CHUN: Are we all set?

我们都准备好了吗?

DAVID:Just about.

差不多了。

CHUN: Is the ride up the towers as exciting as they say?

乘CN塔的电梯上去是不是象人们说的那样刺激?

DAVID:I can guarantee you won't be disappointed.

我可以保证,你不会失望的。

CHUN:How high is the tower anyway?

这个塔到底多高?

DAVID: 553meters.

533米

LING:I'll bet the view is breathtaking.

我敢肯定从上面看下面的景色是十分惊人的。

DAVID: It is, On a clear day you can see the mist from Niagara Falls.

是的,在晴朗的天气,你可以看到尼亚加拉大瀑布的水雾。

Chun. It's really too bad, Shen has to miss this.

真是太好了,沈不得不错过这次机会

财经自媒体联盟更多自媒体作者

新浪首页 语音播报 相关新闻 返回顶部